This is an easy recipe that is great as an appetizer or with soup or beans. Experiment with other toppings too. For more vegetarian recipes, check out Veggie Teens: A Cookbook and Guide for Vegetarian Teenagers by Elyse May (aka Veggie Teen).
Rosemary Focaccia with Red Onion and Olives
1 tube of refrigerated pizza crust
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup green or black olives, sliced
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
2 sprigs fresh rosemary, removed from stems and chopped (see How to Strip the Leaves from Fresh Rosemary below)
Pinch of kosher salt
- Unroll pizza crust on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Poke crust all over with your fingers to make shallow dimples.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Top with olives and red onion.
- Sprinkle with chopped rosemary then salt to taste.
- Bake according to packaged directions until crust is golden.
How to Strip the Leaves from Fresh Rosemary
Pinch the top of the rosemary stem with one hand and run the fingers of your other hand from top to bottom, pulling the leaves off the woody stem. Use whole leaves or coarsely chop.