There are limited vegetarian lunch options at most high schools. You don't have to settle for cheese pizzas, cheese crisps, and salad bar everyday - take your own lunch instead. Here are a few make ahead vegetarian recipes from prior posts that you might want to try:
- Vegetarian Lunch Wrap - Easy idea for any of your favorite fillings
- Veggie Taco Salad - The secret is keeping all of the ingredients fresh
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad - One version of my favorite food: pasta salad!
- Oriental Salad - Fresh ingredients and bottled dressing make this easy one great
- Bulgar Edamame Salad - A great variation on Tabbouleh (or Tabouli)
For more vegetarian school lunch ideas and recipes, check out Veggie Teens: A Cookbook and Guide for Vegetarian Teenagers by Elyse May (aka Veggie Teen).