This recipe is great for BBQs, especially when served over ice cream. Based on a recipe from the new edition of Veggie Teens Cookbook: A Cookbook and Guide for Teenage Vegetarians.
Recipe: Cinnamon Apple Packets
4 small apples, sliced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat grill or oven to 400°.
Combine the fruit, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Divide the fruit mixture evenly between the four foil squares.
- Fold edges of the foil over or gather and twist foil tightly.
- Place on rack and cook for about 20 minutes until apples are tender.
- Serve warm or pour over vanilla ice cream.